Friday, October 14, 2016
The enemy has distorted one of the simplest things, which is allowing Christ to forgive us of our mistakes and past, and holding on to guilt, or thinking that someone like you can’t be saved. It takes one step to be saved and forgiven after that you just have to ask the Holy Spirit to help you daily.
You’ll do better. 9 … “Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you.”
3 And at once some of the scribes said within themselves, “This Man blasphemes!”
4 But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, “Why do you think evil in your hearts? 5 For which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Arise and walk’?
MATTHEW Chapter 8 Having faith whether to be healed like the leper or centurion’s servant, or those with demon possession even recognized Him. What Christ wants from us is faith. The type of faith that heals. First step is trust. The disciples were afraid of the winds (as I would be), but we have to pray to be able to truly trust the Lord. Like those who were healed. Jesus makes it clear in verse. 12 that it’s not pedigree that’s going to save anyone (i.e. my family is Christian) it’s our faith.
What are some ways we can learn to trust God? We have to ask like we say in chapter 7 and pray for it.
BIBLE MADE EASY MATTHEW Chapter 7
Key versus: 7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
7-12"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
13-14 narrow is the gate- everyone won’t accept the good news
Vs. 20 therefore by their fruits you will know them
What’s your favorite verse?
What is something key you picked up on in Chapter 6?
Focus on the Lord’s Prayer: This is a great template for all prayers
• Extol Him praise Him, thank him
• Give us our daily bread (focus on today)
• Forgiveness (get rid of negativity in you)
Thursday, October 6, 2016
MATTHEW CHAPTER 5
· Strive to allow the Holy Spirit to make you a better person. Don’t stir up negativity. This chapter is pretty much you reap what you sow. If you put Jesus like energy out there by being a light then God will shine His light upon you, but it also goes the opposite way.
· This is important because negative energy like gossiping or going out of your way to create drama doesn’t just evaporate it creates an avalanche of negativity. Producing bad fruit, which is a curse.
· Curse is like nothing of good can no longer come from you.